Questions on debugging stuff more fluidly in Houdini

1581   0   0
118 posts
Hello, I'd like to improve my debugging experience in Houdini, so here a couple of questions:

1. A/B comparison with split screen: in case my viewport is split into different views, how can I lock each view to different nodes?
    I tried using 2 panes and lock one pane with the “following selection” button, but it seems not working.
    Also, would be better to be able to do it with 1 pane only (which is split in 2 views locked to different nodes).
  2. Duplicate points. How can I easily spot them with a quick glance?
    Usually, I visually relay on the point numbers to see if the text is overlapping, but it's not something super immediate I'd say, sometimes I even struggle, give up and look at the geo spredsheet.
    Is there any way in Houdini to have those duplicate points show up better? In some scenarios, it would be useful to have some additional information displayed along with the point numbers in the scene view: for example, how about appending something like “:” at the end of the point number in case of duplicate points, or “:.” when more than 2 duplicate points?
  3. Horizontal scroll in the geo Spreadsheet: any idea how to use the “middle-mouse and drag” combo to move horizontally (and vertically) through the spreadsheet?

thanks for any help!
  • Quick Links