RFE:Halo viewer safe area

3356   4   1
581 posts
Hi SESI.
I have been working with halo for two weeks and i have noticed thta in the viewer pane it is impossible to swith on the safe areas like in the 3d viewers, and obviously safe areas are very important we you are compositing.
Please could anybody add an option to visualize safe areas in halo for next releases.

Thanks.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
1631 posts
Hi Pablo,

You have to define the safe area guide yourself. There is an option, Image Guide, in the Display Options under the Viewport tab. The parameter takes a text file & here's the help document:

hdox/houdini/content/base/comp_imageguide.xml

Also, I've attached an example.

However, I agree a built in solution will be nice. Maybe a button, SESI?

Cheers!
steven

Attachments:
pal_guide.txt.gz (160 bytes)

581 posts
Thanks Steven.
Yes i am agree with you i think that safe areas are very important, display guides are good for custom pourposes but not for safe areas.
I hope SESI can add this option in a future.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
581 posts
stevenong
Hi Pablo,

You have to define the safe area guide yourself. There is an option, Image Guide, in the Display Options under the Viewport tab. The parameter takes a text file & here's the help document:

hdox/houdini/content/base/comp_imageguide.xml

Also, I've attached an example.

However, I agree a built in solution will be nice. Maybe a button, SESI?

Cheers!
steven
Hi steven, after using your pal guide file i have seen that the safe regions that it defines are different compared to other programs like digital fusion, shake or avid xp, where you get the pal data?
Maybe it is wrong?
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
1631 posts
Hi lisux,

I got it from some website & I didn't check if it matches the standards. Once you know the values, you can easily edit the text file to get what you want.

Cheers!
steven
  • Quick Links