Removing acceleration between keyframes

2213   2   0
56 posts
Hello-
I noticed that when I do an animation with a keyframe at frame 1 and another at frame 240, that the object which is being animated accelerates from frame 1 and decelerates into frame 240. I was wondering if there was a way to adjust, or take away, this acceleration. I.e., to make the object move at a constant speed between the keyframes.
-Scott

Edit:
Just to show there is an acceleration, and not just constant speed, I created a very simple model with just a box which moves along the Z axis. It starts at the origin and moves 5 units in 100 frames. So, it should move at a speed of .05 per frame, right? I used the frame-by-frame advance button and saw this: .002, .006, .014, .024, .037, .052, .071. So, yea, there is an acceleration.
Edited by scottval - July 7, 2017 22:35:16
11 posts
The animation editor pane allows you to see a graph of how each channel behaves between frames. The default is to ease in and out of each keyframe and this is the change in velocity that you are seeing. On the right side of the pane, you can change this to a constant slope for selected segments.

See:

The Animation Pane Graph View [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by jrboddie - July 8, 2017 09:03:21
56 posts
Ah, I see now. Thanks Mr. Boddie! -Scott
  • Quick Links