Vertex Animation Textures and UV set problem

6750   10   1
33 posts
Hello one question please…
I'm exporting cloth simulations for UE4 using the Vertex Animation Textures tools
the animation works great but…
I noticed that the exported FBX has the original UVs destroyed, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ???
Edited by apaza610 - July 6, 2017 15:50:33

Attachments:
VertexAnimationTexturesUVproblem.jpg (190.3 KB)

394 posts
I submitted a fix yesterday that might solve that problem. Can you download the latest tools from the development branch on Github and see if that fixes it?
https://github.com/sideeffects/GameDevelopmentToolset/tree/Development [github.com]
Mike
33 posts
Hi mikelyndon-sesi, I just tried the latest tools, The UVs are OK but it has other problem when I hit render: …..
Edited by apaza610 - July 6, 2017 16:50:55

Attachments:
otherProblem.jpg (91.1 KB)

394 posts
Hmmm. Can you dive inside the rop and see what the error is on the mantra5 node? It should be on the far left inside the container.
33 posts
Well this is the matra5 node problem…

Attachments:
mantra5Problem.jpg (34.0 KB)

394 posts
Strange. I don't know why it's trying to cook those if they're not connected. If you right click on the vertex_animation_textures node and choose “Allow editing of Contents”. Then delete both the mantra4 and mantra5 node as well as NORMAL_TEXTURE inside soft_obj that might fix it. I'll submit an update on GitHub once I've done some more testing.
33 posts
Thanks Mike, deleting those nodes unfortunatelly does not help I hope you can fix it , I'll be waiting……
394 posts
Can you post a hip file? I can't figure out why it's not working for you.
33 posts
Sorry for the delay, here's the hip file……hope it helps, by the way in the GitHub:
- in the DEVELOPMENT branch the UV's are OK, but the Position and Normal Textures are bad
- in the Houdini16 branch the UV's are Bad, but the Position and Normal Textures are OK.

Attachments:
bandera.hip (265.7 KB)

394 posts
There's something strange about your file. If I copy the nodes into a new Houdini file it exports fine. But for some reason, that I can't figure out, it fails in your original hip file.
You can download the latest export node from the development branch and give it a go.
Mike
33 posts
Now it works perfectly with the last export node, thanks a lot Mike, now I can continue creating fun stuff
  • Quick Links