[Tutorial Request] Flow maps in Houdini

11205   11   6
86 posts
Hey,

i think it would be cool to see someone like Luiz do a tutorial in which he does a flow map from scratch Houdini and does a little adjustment and art direction to export it to an engine afterwards.

The flowmaps in Luiz GDC video looked absolutely great - so hopefully some people would like to see more on this as well.

Also the section in the interview with the Naughty Dog artists on flow maps looked hella interesting. But there is not much out there so it would be awesome if someone would be willing to show the whole process.

Hope others feel the same way!

All the best - you guys are great!

4 posts
Agreed! Hope to see some tutorial on flow maps for games within Houdini.
2 posts
I agree!! Actually it will be long way to make flow map like that for me if I do by myself.
Staff
92 posts
If all goes well, we'll be releasing a nice tutorial on rivers for games very soooon…
86 posts
That sounds great chebert! Thank you very much! Please keep us posted!
147 posts
In the meantime, Rohan Dalvi just released a great training videoset on terrains etc.:
terrain creation [www.rohandalvi.net]

rob
Edited by RobW - Aug. 9, 2017 02:58:49
Apprentice Attribute / Houdini 17.0.381 / GTX 970 - driver 411.63
118 posts
chebert
If all goes well, we'll be releasing a nice tutorial on rivers for games very soooon…

great!
any update about it?
86 posts
Bump!
Staff
92 posts
Thanks for the bump. We've been pushing on our side too…this one is taking an extraordinary amount of time to get through studio-side approvals. We'll keep pushing hard though!
86 posts
Thanks for the quick update! I am sure everyone is still excited and i am actually happy to see that getting the approval is not all easy!
Best of luck! Looking forward to it!
Staff
92 posts
We're finally live with that river system walkthrough - by Ben from Guerrilla Games on Horizon Zero Dawn… http://sidefx.co/2z3KKLV [sidefx.co]
86 posts
Super awesome!
Thanks for updating!
  • Quick Links