Alembic_In sourcecode || userProperties read

1374   2   0
15 posts
Hi Everybody,
Is the Alembic_In source code available somewhere for public?

The open alembic project has a 5-6 years old version of the code.

I noticed that the userProperties on alembic objects are not loaded as userData (or anywhere else) when loading alembics, while this is a major thing in our pipeline… (please correct me if I'm wrong).

We can still query the alembic asset file and get what we want using the alembic API, but if this is the only available option, then I would prefer to modify the plugin code to make a build that just have the data gets loaded on request using an addition parameter.

Thanks
Staff
329 posts
Source code for the Alembic support is shipped with Houdini. It can be found at: $HFS/houdini/public/Alembic/HoudiniAlembic.tgz

Both the Alembic SOP and Alembic Archive Object have parameters called “User Properties” that control what is done with the user properties.
15 posts
Hi Derrick,
Thanks for the info.

I played with the userProperties parameter already, but I couldn't have them loaded… is there anything special I should do other than setting the load user properties to either “read values” or “read values and meta data”?

I thought maybe they will not appear in the geometry spreadsheet (since they are not primitive variables, but even when I try to read them in python using hou.node.userData(), it returns None… Do you think I'm using the wrong function to query them?

Note: I'm using AlembicArchive, load as houdini geometry (full scene hierarchy).
  • Quick Links