Copying operator path to clipboard

2502   1   1
581 posts
Hi all.
Many times ones needs the complete or relative path to an operator, i don-t know if there are strighforwards ways to do it, but i think that an option in the operator popup menu, when you RMB over a operator model in the viewport or in the node in the network editor, to copy the operator path to clipboard would be great.
Another ways to do it?
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
412 posts
there are a lot of ways to do this.. if you just want the full path to the operator itself, just drag the node into any parameter and it will paste in the information.. (you can do the same thing for the textport..)

as far as parms go.. you can either click and drag their label from and to eachother allowing a small popup asking to paste in the current value, channel reference, relative refs.. that or you can right click on a parm and select copy parameter.. then go to your new parm and right click to get a slew of paste options..

i think most people don't realize that houdini has a lot of drag and drop operations.. just keep an eye out for that white arrow when you click and drag something.. once there's a little plus icon next to it, you can paste it in there..
Dave Quirus
  • Quick Links