Nothing Works

1656   2   0
2 posts
Hello everyone

I apologize if my tone is a bit brash, but Houdini has been nothing but a nightmare for months now. The latest and greatest is that suddenly, nothing works. Here is my breakdown:

Im using OSx El Capitan

I have tried to run Houdini from the terminal or by clicking on the icon and all that happens is that the software stalls, nothing is reported in the terminal and the icon remains bouncing in my dock bar for and an unlimited amount of time until I force quit out of it.

I have tried to run the license administrator. It opens and shows a message that reads “Connecting to license server”. The software stalls there and never moves past that part.

I have used the “launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.sidefx.sesinetd.plist” to start my license server, but the administrator is not able to find it.

I don't know what else to do or what else to check. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Most sincerely
Rudy
323 posts
please contact support@sidefx.com
i had issues with licences in the past and they helped me fast and competent.
181 posts
While Olaf's suggestion is best, you could also check to see if firewall settings might be preventing sesinetd from establishing a properly network connection.

Another test might be to reinstall using local licensing, just to see if that behaves any differently.

Edited by Cyzor - Nov. 27, 2017 13:34:18

Attachments:
firewall.png (27.8 KB)
install.png (127.6 KB)

• Quick Links