Problems with layout nodes and grid snaping

3691   4   1
581 posts
Hi all.
I like to use the Snap To Grid function in the Network Editor to arrange my nodes.
But i have problem, when I layout all my nodes, using the l hotkey for example I get this result:

If I disable the Snap to Grid mode i get the nice layout:

Why this strange behaviour?
Somebody with the same problem?

Thanks
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
4262 posts
Your grid spacing is super small. The first op gets snapped to the first grid point, then the next sop to the next grid point. Since the grid points are so close you get that stacking effect. Try a grid setting of 1x1
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
581 posts
Wolfwood
Your grid spacing is super small. The first op gets snapped to the first grid point, then the next sop to the next grid point. Since the grid points are so close you get that stacking effect. Try a grid setting of 1x1

Yes you are right wolfwood, i use this small spacing to have more control in the snaping, but .. fails with the auto layout
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
57 posts
Using a tiny grid is a good use of grid snapping and the layout algorithm now supports these grid spacings that are smaller than the tile sizes; the tiles no longer bunch up with automatic tile placement. Look for the fix in Houdini 9!
581 posts
tsang
Using a tiny grid is a good use of grid snapping and the layout algorithm now supports these grid spacings that are smaller than the tile sizes; the tiles no longer bunch up with automatic tile placement. Look for the fix in Houdini 9!
Thanks tsang, yes small grid is very useful.
At the moment i have disabled the snapping. I will wait for 9!
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links