Adding and capturing bones to houdini 16.5 autorig

2236   4   0
5 posts
Hey all, I'm trying to manually add finger bones to a houdini 16.5 autorig (just had trouble with the automatic ones). Was wondering if anyone knows how to capture bones added to an autorig. When adding them to the bonecapturelines node the capture node shows the error “points have no weights”.

I've attached the hip file below.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Edited by Henry Bullen - Jan. 24, 2018 17:47:16

Attachments:
SIDEFXFORUMRIG.zip (4.2 MB)

Staff
3455 posts
when adding bones to the Autorigs you'll need to make sure of a couple of things:
1 - the rig is at the correct scale
it looks like you have made changes to the scale of the rig after the rig was built, this caused a few issues with the scale of the capture regions for the fingers, I ‘fixed’ these scale issues but the rig might not be at the scale you want…you can change that with the Root > Scale parameter
2 - the rig has some Node Groups
in the network editor if you do Shift+Z you'll see a list of Node Groups - all of the bones have been placed into Node Groups and then these groups are referenced by the “Auto Rig Node Groups” parameter of the bonecapturelines SOP
I added the fingers to groups called L_finger_bones/R_finger_bones and then added those groups to the list.

having done these two things I recaptured…

hope that helps
Edited by goldfarb - Jan. 25, 2018 11:11:49

Attachments:
SIDEFXFORUMRIG.2.zip (7.6 MB)

Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
5 posts
Thanks Michael this is great. After saving the node type and matching the current definition, I can't seem to access the rotations of the fingers. What do I need to do to regain access? Thanks again Michael, this is a huge help!
Edited by Henry Bullen - Jan. 28, 2018 17:32:59
Staff
3455 posts
when you ‘match definition’ you are locking the asset - which prevents changes.
so in order to have access to parameters they need to be promoted to the top level of the HDA - check this tutorial:
https://vimeo.com/248991566 [vimeo.com]
at about the 50 min mark I start promoting.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
5 posts
Thank you!
  • Quick Links