memory allocation error

16989   17   1
4 posts
hi..

I installed the newest houdini build 8.0.528 (windows) but it did not start
and i get a memory allocation error. so i removed it and installed 8.0.474 again. But now the same error accours there…

how to fix that?

thanks,

sam
53 posts
I had the same problem with Houdini 8.0.528.
After many attempts to repair the installation,
I reinstalled Houdini 8.0.524, which had no problems before the install of 8.0.528, and not only was it giving me a ‘memory allocation error,’ message but it also gave server connection error messages.
I ran System Restore in Windows XP and I'm currently running 8.0.524.

Hope this helps.

Philip
7715 posts
Uninstall Houdini. Go into Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Stop the Houdini License Client and Houdini License Server services. Go into the C:\Windows\System32 folder and delete hserver.exe and sesinetd.exe. Install Houdini 8.0.474 again. Does that work?
509 posts
couple of friends got same problem… with even a fresh installed windows setup … I hope you got some solution / answer to this problem which i didnt had with 528 personally.. but my friend cant even run older releases.. and i wonder what is the problem then ..

cheers.
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
4 posts
thanks for the replies

@ edward

yes..thanks that works
1 posts
same problem here…

i'used .524 with XP64 working…

but i need to format all
after new clean installation of XP64 any builds give me
MEMORY ALLOCATION ERROR
i try 474 527 528..same error…
7715 posts
It seems to be a problem with the recent builds. Please go back to the 8.0.510 or earlier. You *must* manually remove hserver.exe and sesinetd.exe when uninstalling the new version.
1 posts
.529 and .530 is out..

anyone test it ?
1 posts
.530 same problem occurred.
Only lower version of 524 is working.
Hmmm….. :cry:
7715 posts
It appears to be a bug with Standalone mode on Windows in the latest daily builds. Standalone mode is a Windows-only concept. Unfortunately, because of the bug, it can't be turned off via the License Administrator. As a quick workaround for the latest daily builds, you will need to change the AvoidSockets registry entry from 1 to 0 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Side Effects Software\Houdini and then restart the Houdini License Client and Houdini License Server services.

Note that if you have no network card, then the above may not work. I think Houdini only runs on Windows without a network card is Standalone Mode is enabled.
135 posts
thanks alot Edward for the reply … i will try to see if this works … But i donlt think i remmeber how to get to the registry in windows anymore…. but i hope this works…..

George
3D Mind body and Soul Great illusions are done by great artists…
7715 posts
This bug which was introduced in 8.0.527 is now fixed for tomorrow's daily build, 8.0.531. Thanks for your patience!
135 posts
Thanks alot SESI and Edward…….

Hopefully one day i can share with you guys what I am doing…

G
135 posts
Thanks alot SESI and Edward…….

Hopefully one day i can share with you guys what I am doing…

G
135 posts
I was just wondering if they forgot to put up the Windows version of the daily builds?
4261 posts
Its more or less automatic. If it isn't in the list it may mean the build failed, or didn't pass regression tests or any number of things.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
7715 posts
For the Windows build, it also finishes later than the Linux builds. The Linux builds are usually done before 10 am EST whereas the Windows build don't finish until around 12 am EST. The difference are that different build machines do different versions of the builds, the Linux builds are faster to build, the Windows builds are slower and need to build the setup program on top of it, etc.

Anyhow, I see 8.0.531 up (from yesterday) right now whereas 8.0.532 isn't finished yet for today.
135 posts
thankls alot guys i got Houdini running no problem thanks for advice.. and thanks Sesi for the build.

George

thesis awaits..
  • Quick Links