Houdini random colored faces

2932   4   0
7 posts
Hello guys i am trying to create random colored faces for my rubik's cube, i tried using for each but that is not working can anyone help me to have 5 random color's on the faces of my rubik's cube i am attaching the file and the ref image.

Thanks
Attachment Not Found

Attachments:
Rubikscube_Texture.hipnc (59.8 KB)
img56214908.jpg (47.9 KB)

23 posts
Your hip file seems to be referencing an alembic file that was not included with your attachment. I made a quick test scene that creates random colors for faces, maybe you could apply this to your project.

Attachments:
random_colors_switch.hip (96.3 KB)

7 posts
Ohh yes i forgot to attach my actual .abc file so attacting that.

I also tried for each node i was working for one cube but not all of them there was a wired coloring happening.

Attachments:
Rubiks_cube.abc (101.2 KB)

23 posts
Not sure how to send the referenced alembic file back without it being a project, but if you open the hip and load the alembic file into the first node, and make sure the group selection is correct for the faces you want colored, it should work.

Attachments:
random_5_colors_rubiks_cube.hipnc (125.5 KB)

7 posts
Thanks a ton bro

But one more question can we render the same color inside houdini's red-shift render because as soon as i apply the color node that will change the color back to that assigned to the material, as the constant color doesn't appear for renders in red-shift i think.
  • Quick Links