Question regarding pushing out certain elements in my mesh, question regarding UV's and question regarding deleting interior geo of an object

478   0   0
4 posts
Hello. I'v been trying out houdini to make procedural desert rocks for a project of mine. Managed to get my hands on a good tutorial but i'm not satisfied yet so i need a bit of extra help. As the title suggests i would like to push out certain elements of my rock. My process has roughly been base mesh -> voronoi fracture -> vdbfracture -> convertvdb. The “cracks” i have in my rock now are different elements, my problem is in sandstone the pieces tend to extrude quite a bit out of the rock and often forms some kind of terrace. Closest hit i'v got was with explode node, but there is no random option or angle restrains (at least not without diving into the node which i have no idea how to do).

My second question is in regards to UV's. Would it be possible to automatically UV my different elements based on angle or smoothing groups?

My third question (so many questions..) is about deleting interior geo of my object. I tried using the delete node, but the bounding box option is way to inflexible. Ideally something based on range from object surface?

Thanks!!
  • Quick Links