aces cg workflow

6178   4   6
184 posts
Hey,

I know the theory behind aces but could need some practical advice on how to use it with houdini. Does anyone have some experience with it already?
Edited by Rosko Ron - March 21, 2017 16:57:49
4189 posts
Following up on this. Is there a way to render to different primaries(gamut), white point and transfer function in Mantra in Houdini? The only part implemented appears to be ‘Variance Color Space’ which sounds like it should be really "Variance Transfer Function'
12 posts
Following up on this again, does anyone have any more information? I understand that if you set your OCIO config variable in your Houdini environment you can set it in your viewer. But as fuos said, I can't find anywhere to explicitly set the primaries in Mantra.
6 posts
I`m also interested in this topic. Stumbled across ACES just 2 days ago and really trying to figure out how to implement this workflow.
Passion, Patience, Perseverance.
7754 posts
h_daniel_works
I`m also interested in this topic. Stumbled across ACES just 2 days ago and really trying to figure out how to implement this workflow.

Set the OCIO environment variable to the path to your config that adopts ACEScg. There are no settings to change in Houdini. You can use ociotransform nodes to convert textures/physically derived colors to aces within your shader.
  • Quick Links