Bullet Solver problem: min_activation_impulse and constraints?

980   0   1
49 posts
Hey all,

I have an interesting conundrum Im trying to wrap my head around. I have a suspended fractured object in a scene that needs to stay inactive until it gets hit by a collision object, then behave active as a group once any one of the pieces is hit. I have it working with a combination of the min_activation_impulse and a sop solver–all the sop solver does is sets the entire object to active once one piece is hit. The min activation impulse lets me set the object to static intitially, and then change over to active once there is some sort of impulse that hits the objects.

The issue is now the constraints. The constraints make it so that there is a delay between the recognition of the update by impulse and the result of the solver– its not until the object is hit a couple times that it becomes active, pieces can break, and it can fall overall.

If the constraints are off, the min_impulse activation works instantly. It is only when constraints are on that I get the delay. Is there a workaround for this.

Thank you!

Ive attached a file.

JK
Edited by jtk700cln - Oct. 25, 2018 00:20:43

Attachments:
WHYWONTTHISWORK_UPDATE_NEW_ISSUE.hiplc (476.8 KB)

• Quick Links