Mantra | Stop Code -10373741819 when rendering to Disk

3895   3   0
2 posts
Hey all,

I'm on Houdini Apprentice, I'm noticing in a simple scene that I made (imported geo, basic materials and lights) that when I'm rendering out, either to preview the ipr in the Render View or to disk, the mantra process will randomly stop, if rendering to disk there'll be a stop code -10373741819 on the mantra rop. Sometimes it gets maybe 3-4 frames into a sequence or maybe even less, it doesn't seem to be having issues with any specific frame. As mentioned as well this occurs even when doing preview renders to the Render View, it will just abruptly stop rendering part-way through with no error or warning at all.

All the dependencies are in the $HIP path in caches or in subfolders for the textures, did the good old reboot etc. Short of wiping and reinstalling Houdini or trying to come up with some jank solution to automatically restart the mantra renderer are there any other suggestions or ideas on what might be causing this? I'm currently having a look at my materials though none are showing warnings or errors of such…

Cheers!

EDIT:
Should mention I'm on Windows 10 X64, Houdini 17.0.352
Edited by 10kVolts - Dec. 5, 2018 22:30:34
5 posts
This sounds like it could be related to the problem I posted here yesterday: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/59839/ [www.sidefx.com]

Unfortunately can't remember any stop code, but as I just started another “render to disk”, I might be able to check soon. However I run Houdini from command line once before and got a segmentation violation message from Mantra … I'm running H17 Indie, recent production build, on Ubuntu Linux 16 btw.
Nitwit, Blabber, Oddment, Tweak!
2 posts
Could be, though this did come up with an exit code etc when rendering to disk, it would pop up on the Mantra rop. I don't see this usually if i'm rendering a single frame to ipr though it may occasionally bug out and just stop rendering part the way through, definitely random though, and doesn't happen on other scenes (I rendered out another sequence I worked on earlier no dramas…
87 posts
Necroing this thread as I am having the same problem. Houdini Indie 18.0.287 on Windows 10. Randomly got Mantra error command exit code -10373741819 after a bit (approx 1 hour) of rendering to disk. No obvious reason for the error…I relaunched the render where it left off and it continued without issue. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I am in the process of setting up Deadline to manage renders and I have installed Linux which I assume will have less issues, but for my now my fast workaround is to use a ropfetch TOP to do the rendering which seems to be working better so far.
/ken_jones/$: _
  • Quick Links