PolyExtrude node with custom settings

1170   3   1
26 posts
Hello,
I am switching from Max, and I really miss the Extrude edge feature for modeling.
The PolyExtrude node can be configured to work pretty much the same way, by setting it to “Transform Extruded Front” and setting the transform space to “Global”. I want to make a custom version of the extrude node with those settings already applied so I don't have to do it evrytime. I was trying to use python to create a shelf tool, but unfortunately my skills in Python are shallow.
I think this can be a really simple task for experienced Python users, and I think it can be helpfull for many people, as edge extrusion is heavily used in modeling. It would be really cool if you guys come up with some suggestions,
Thanks
Edited by Kaloyan - Dec. 29, 2018 16:14:05
26 posts
So I figured you can just drag the polyextrude node directly to the shelf, with the settings already applied, but when you want to reuse the node, you still have to connect it in the network editor to the previous node, and click the arrow to select the edges. So what's left is to use python to connect it and to promt the viewport selection
1391 posts
Also you can save your desire preset on anynode.
Just press the Gear button on the Parameters window to save you preset or even save that as a default !
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
26 posts
Sadjad Rabiee
Also you can save your desire preset on anynode.
Just press the Gear button on the Parameters window to save you preset or even save that as a default !
Hey, that is really usefull! Thanks alot mate! It would speed up my work alot
  • Quick Links