Vellum leaves sticking to colliders in dopnet

2081   0   1
70 posts
Hi,

Currently I am working on a scene where a character should have interaction with leaves on the ground. What better way to start testing vellum?

For a quick start it looks good, apart from a few things.

First, when the leaves fall to their ‘ground position’, they bounce, what they shouldn't do, but I somehow can't seem to get rid of it?

Then the real issue, when I use the vellum solver in SOPS and I let the character walk/run over the leaves the leaves get pushed through the ground, not perfect, but as the character is actually intersecting with the ground it seems somewhat logic to me. Also this result is more wanted than the result when using vellum in dops, but we need to add forces to the leaves to make them fly in specific areas. This can only be done in dops.

So, vellum in dops:
When using the vellum solver in dops, the pro's are, I can use forces like fans etc.

However, when the collision geometry's guides go through eachother, the vellum cloths stick to the point where they have been intersecting.

Maybe someone has an idea to fix this? Or a workaround?

Personally I was thinking about making the ground like snow, so that the character would never be able to intersect with the ground, but this doesn't seem to ideal?

Kind regards,
Chris
Edited by Klonkel - Jan. 8, 2019 08:54:03

Attachments:
leavesground_collision_vellum_forum.hip (880.5 KB)

https://www.youtube.com/@Klonkel
  • Quick Links