Rigid body not colliding with Tube.

1440   3   2
3 posts
Howdy. Trying out a simple rig for a more complex sim I want to build. Basic setup. Sphere Geo, that is a Rigid Body and into my DOP Net. Tube Geo that is my collide geometry. I use the tool bar item to make it static which adds the necessary DOP nodes to my DOP network. Basically the sphere WILL collide with the outside of the tube, but if I start with the ball inside the tube, it falls through. Think of a marble in a straw. I tried reversing the normals of the collide geo before adding it to the DOP network. I've also looked through the Bullet data in the Static Object Node in the DOP network. Still no joy. I feel like it's something in the RBD solver or Bullet data tab, but I'm brain blocked here and having no luck.

A gentle nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
397 posts
Which solver are you using? If you're using RBD, you're looking for the Inverse Sign checkbox in the Volume tab. If you're using Bullet, I think you will have to model a hollow tube and use Concave geometry representation in the Bullet data tab.
Edited by Tanto - Jan. 31, 2019 13:50:05
3 posts
Using the Bullet Solver, just what I am more familiar with. Let me give the concave geometry a try. Thanks for the push. I'm gonna try RBD as well and see what Inverse Sign does
3 posts
SUCCSESS! Thanks so much. Bullet Solver, and concave collide was the ticket. Thanks MAN.
  • Quick Links