(solved)boolean sop fracturing question.detraingulate > no polygons result?

1960   2   0
48 posts
Hello

I am learning boolean sop and I noticed that people usually set to detriangulate >no polygons with all 3 options right beneath for future refracturing.I always end up getting traingulate geometry when I do it.
Can someone explain to me why I am not getting the expected result which is not traingulate?
houdini 17

here is the simple hip file.
added screen cap
Edited by Fruits - Feb. 28, 2019 18:13:22

Attachments:
boolean_error.hiplc (111.2 KB)
polygon.png (583.8 KB)

8525 posts
I'm not sure why you assume no triangulation is expected result

if you set De-Triangulate to no polygons, then it will obviously not de-triangulate any polygons, in other words it will leave all the triangles that Boolean had to create during triangulation for internal computing

also you can read the tooltip for Detriangulate parameter which describes the function
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
48 posts
tamte
I'm not sure why you assume no triangulation is expected result

if you set De-Triangulate to no polygons, then it will obviously not de-triangulate any polygons, in other words it will leave all the triangles that Boolean had to create during triangulation for internal computing

also you can read the tooltip for Detriangulate parameter which describes the function

you are right.I think I got confused because the tutorial I was referencing had a 3d view-port error where it was still showing quad geometry even though it was supposed to be triangulated.
sorry for the noise.
  • Quick Links