No input/output on TOPs nodes

3302   5   0
1 posts
Hi,

I'm having issues with the TOPs network. Most nodes does not have input/output connections.
Getting this message when lauching:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PDG user module registration", line 9, in <module>
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\SIDEEF~1\HOUDIN~1.173\python27\lib\importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "T:\apptools\maya\modules\ngskintools\Contents\scripts\ngSkinTools\utils.py", line 21, in <module>
    from maya import OpenMaya as om
ImportError: No module named maya

Attachments:
tops.JPG (20.6 KB)

544 posts
Ooo, looks like there is some serious conflict going on in your system between your Houdini Python and your Maya Python. It's somehow picking up Maya's stuff. Check your paths, and environment variables like PYTHONHOME, PYTHONPATH, and maybe consider deleting your prefs?
- Ken Xu
3 posts
Hello,
i have the same issue here,
how did you get your log?
My Houdini does not raise any error when it launches, so i can't debug and know what python script is conflicting with it.

When i remove my Maya scripts from PYTHONPATH variable it solves the problem.
Cheers
Soal
146 posts
Maya will set PATH and PYTHONPATH in process based on what it finds in its modules files (and any other envvars that the modules choose to set), although I don't think it pushes those values to the system environment by default. If for some reason the system environment has been set up to include the folders for maya modules, (or other folders with conflicting modules), those will be ahead of folders that we're adding to the python path.
7737 posts
I'm guessing the rather vaguely named ‘utils’ module in the pdg python repo is going to cause some widespread conflicts with other lazily named modules.

$HH/pdg/types/ is a root level python path, and thus needs to be free of conflicting names.
544 posts
Yes good point. I’ve logged a bug against that.
- Ken Xu
  • Quick Links