Adding parameters to a simple geometry

461   0   0
56 posts
Hello-
I created a simple geometry, a nail. I am using channel references to allow for sensible modification of the parameters of the nail. However, I'd like to do more, like having a window which allows you to modify certain parameters.

The nail consists of three tubes: shaft, head and point. The head sits on top of the shaft and the point is under the shaft. The point is actually a cone, with one of its radii being zero.

For a realistic-looking nail, the head is very squat and has endcaps. The shaft is tall and skinny. The point is rather squat; it does not look like a real nail if the point is long.

I have coded the channel references so that the head is centered on the top of the shaft. The point is centered at the bottom of the shaft, and has the same radius of the shaft. I am pleased with the result.

However, I believe there is the possibility of setting up a parameter window with which you can modify the shaft (length, radius), head (thickness, radius) and point (length). I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I started trying to create a parameter interface, but I'm not sure if that's the right approach, and if so, how to proceed with it.
-Scott

Edit: I just found a YouTube video which covers parameter interfaces; that should help a lot. I'll leave my topic here in case anyone wants to comment.
Edited by scottval - April 2, 2019 23:47:11
  • Quick Links