HELP?!

5880   6   3
4 posts
Hi my names Dom Cesarz im just trying to teach myself to use houdini from the various tutorials availible.Can anyone tell me how to change the setting that show the different tool bar interfaces; Mine has file, edit, settings, tools, windows, help and one of the tutorials has file, edit options, dialogs, desktops and help, i was just wanting to know how to change mine to his so i can properly follow the tutorial. By the way im only 16, i've bin told to inform you of this if accessing any of the forums as apparently theres not many 16yr old houdini users?! Thanks
Dom
Nextstoptimbuk2@hotmail.com
321 posts
The toolbars just contain subsets of all the operators, so even if you don't have a particular toolbar, you can still get access to the operator either via the ‘generator’ or ‘filter’ toolbar.

– Antoine
Antoine Durr
Floq FX
antoine@floqfx.com
Hi Dom,

Welcome to the forum. You're following a tutorial which was created using an older version of Houdini. Unfortunately, you can't edit the menu bar but you should be able to follow tutorial. However, you might take a bit more time to find the option.

If you're having difficulty, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!
steven
4 posts
O right cool, what i was looking for was the desktop part, to choose the different styles, and also the tutorials under help, but i went on the tutorials under my help and there much more updated so no problems there! Cheers for the help, ill just keep searching under the different “genorators” or “filters”. Thanks both of u, prob speak soon when i get stuck, again!
1631 posts
Hi Dom,

The Desktop menu is now replaced with the “Desk:” pull down which is in the top right of the Houdini window.

If you want a new desktop, it's File -> New Desktop. If you want to access the Desktop Manager, it's Settings -> Desktops…

Have fun!

Cheers!
steven
4 posts
Righteho, i wondered about that, now i know! just one more thing (if you dont mind) For a tutorial of the sidefx website to make some rocket thing, your supposed to load up there object into your thing and whenever i do i get this (see attachment) and there is no object there. Ive tried experiemnting with the differnt settings like SOPS and all the others but still dont get an object, this also happens with other object s i try and “import” in.

Thanks again. PS are there many young houdini users??

Attachments:
for_steven.jpg (119.6 KB)

141 posts
Maybe this will help:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=5867&highlight=rocket [sidefx.com]
/Rick
  • Quick Links