Import Alembic - Unpack and Convert not working

3409   4   3
5 posts
Hi guys,

So I am completely new to Houdini and I am learning how to do some fluids simulations.

I need water running on some stairs, so I imported an Alembic file. Didn't work and then my search a little bit I saw that I need to first unpack and convert to polygons inside Houdini.

First question. Is this the correct way? I am attaching an image for you to see.

Then after this I create a simple torus and set it to emit particle fluid and the fluid completely ignores the cube as a static object. What am I doing wrong here?
Edited by CiroCardoso - Aug. 21, 2019 03:41:21

Attachments:
Alembic.JPG (61.4 KB)

5 posts
Ok, so yesterday I went home and created the same setup on my machine with Houdini Apprentice. I imported an alembic file convert it to Static Object. Created the torus, emit fluids. Worked without any issue.

Get back to my work machine with Houdini FX, same geometry same steps. And the result is this.

Should I reinstall Houdini? Is this a bug?

Attachments:
unknown.png (1.0 MB)

5 posts
Ok, I got it. The Volume Division Size was too small for that plane.
253 posts
Including a hip file is always the best bet when asking questions like this one. Glad you sorted it out though.
310 posts
Look at the collision volume representation in your dopnet. There is a blue representation of what your collision volume looks like that is dependent on the division size of your collision object. That will tell you the quality of your collision volume. If that doesn't look clean, you won't get proper collisions.
  • Quick Links