Can Houdini Engine create multiple Unreal Material Instances on one geo?

1652   2   0
10 posts
Hi guys, I'm creating a mesh in houdini and let's say it has two primitive groups called A and B. Now I want to assign these two groups different material instannces when cook in unreal, and Houdini Engine only create one. What I did in houdini is to create two attribute_create node in houdini whose value is “unreal_material_instance” and group is A and B, and then merge together.

Can Houdini Engine create multiple material instances, if so, what should I do? Thanks a lot.
10 posts
Hi guys, I might using merge the wrong way so I didn't get the result expected.

Now first I use blast to seperate group A and B, and create attribute “unreal_material_instance” for each, they have the same “unreal_material_instance” attribute but different parameter like “unreal_material_parameter_BaseMap”.

After that I merge them together. But still Houdini Engine only create one material instance. It seems the plugin only create a material instance for every different “unreal_material_instance” attribute.

Am I doing this right? Can someone give me some help how should I do this? Thank you very much.
10 posts
I finally got it working by duplicate base material asset in unreal and use different unreal_material_instance prim_attribute in Houdini. Cheers everyone
Edited by jie414341055 - Sept. 25, 2019 01:34:32
  • Quick Links