Delete scattered point by distance threshold

1407   0   0
1 posts
Hi guys, I'm new to Houdini and I'm trying to make a procedural building from premade models. I have done most of it already but I am trying to get a random amount of doors in random locations following a line the width of the walls. I can scatter the points on the line but then I am stuck with some doors being too close from each other. I read in another post that “scatter sop allows you to store the distance to N neighbours in each point. You can use a deleteSOP to delete the points below the treshold.” I am not sure where to find this N neighbours he refers to but I guessed it was Prim and Primuv. I then tried to make a pointVOP that gets the distance between a point and the next one and then compares that distance to a threshold constant and returns 1 if they are closer than the threshold and returns 0 if they are further. I also gave the setattrib node a point group class so I can delete that group in a later node. My issue is it returns 1 by order of the nodes instead of by distance.
  • Quick Links