Sweep 2.0 multiple cross sections and order

2827   3   1
2 posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Houdini and have been attempting to use the new sweep sop with multiple cross sections. I can't seem to be able to combine the multiple cross sections in any logical way. The sweep sop only uses one cross section at a time. Any tips on this is appreciated.

Thank you
472 posts
Hi,

I've run into the same issue. The cross section attribute @variant should do the job, but it seems that it is not working as expected. I thought, that the variant attribute is performing smooth transitions between each cross section, but this is not the case or probably I'm doing something wrong.
To visualize what I'm expecting, here is an experimental wrangle sweep (from personal projects), which takes a back bone curve and merged cross sections (curves) to create a surface function.

Attachments:
sweep_cross_sections.hipnc (203.0 KB)

236 posts
Hi, I'm not sure if this what you're looking for but I've attached a hip file with screenshot.

I've shown two versions using same cross-section order but with a different point total on the line.
Green is 30 points (cycling the circles)
Blue is 4 points (1 per circle)

Rob
Edited by robsdesign - Dec. 15, 2019 11:57:36

Attachments:
CS_Sweep.jpg (120.1 KB)
CS_Sweep.hiplc (208.6 KB)

2 posts
I took the time to look at both files and they are quite insightful.

Thank you both for taking the time and creating file examples for me to look at and learn from.

-Christian
  • Quick Links