Exposing generated curve to Unreal

2241   2   0
8 posts
me again

I'm working the pipe generator tutorial and trying to take it a step further

I want to create T connections, and then also generate a new curve for the pipe coming off the T and expose that curve to Unreal so it can be manipulated like the main pipe - I'm OK with it not having corners at this point - I'm stuck on getting the generated curve exposed to Unreal

for those not familiar with that tutorial… the t connector is in a for loop, so the T and all is generated… I can get the curve generated in Houdini no problem - but I can'd seem to add the right thing to the Editable parameters

any ideas?

Thanks!
8 posts
Back on this

is it possible to expose a generated curve to Unreal?
Staff
534 posts
If you only want to expose Houdini curves internal to the HDA, the only way to do so is by using editable nodes, and expose the curve node there. Unfortunately, this will not work with a dynamic number of curves, so you wouldnt be able to add multiple t junctions..

Have you thought about using a world input and an actor with one or multiple spline components as input to your hda?
This would allow you to get any number of curves in the HDA from ue4, as a curve node will be created for each spline component in the input.
  • Quick Links