Object emerging up from below, FLIP question (SOLVED)

767   1   1
2 posts
Hello magicians,

How to do a proper flip simulation of a object emerging up the water? In my simulation, most of my particle sticks on the surface it is sliding slowly down to the side and I want it to be quick then down the water. How do I make sure the particles does that?

In my scene I did these following,

Use the object animation as deforming object
Injecting Divergence from the object animation

How do I make sure the water slide off away fast?

Thanks,
Conan
Edited by conanjunior - Feb. 28, 2020 04:53:00

Attachments:
emergewater.hip (2.3 MB)

2 posts
I'm answering my own question since I had solved it.

1. Object that are emerging up of the water should not be use as a static object(deforming).

2. In SOP, It should be used as RBD packed object so create an assemble node after your deforming geometry and in the settings check the Create Packed geometry box.

3. Go into DOPnet, create a rigidbodysolver and merge it with the flipsolver and create a RBD Packed Object DOP and bring in your packed object, connect the node to the rigidbodysolver as your input1.

4. In the RBD Packed Object DOP settings, change your Initial Object Type to “Create Deforming Static Objects”.

5. Sim it and you should see the somewhat correct physics of the water sliding down the object and everything else.

I'm guessing in this method we are bringing in the deforming data from the SOP level and act as a simulating object and not as a deforming collider.

If we use RBD Hero Object you will not able to control the animation of the box since it is simulating based on the solver.
We use RBD Packed Object with deforming static object so we can use the animation data and pretend to be a simulating object.

I hope this question help many newbies too.

Regards,
Conan
Edited by conanjunior - March 1, 2020 23:43:51
  • Quick Links