Paste Relative References hotkey

5642   5   2
4 posts
Hello everyone, I'm trying the new version, and first thing I've noticed - old hotkeys are broken again.
In 16.0 it was impossible to bind Ctrl-Enter, Ctrl-Alt-Enter to a Flipbook,
in 16.5 it's impossible to bind Ctrl-Shift-V to Paste Relative References.
Actually I wasn't able to make paste rel refs working at all - with any combination of keys.
Is it just me having these weird problems, or everyone?

Besides that, it's impossible to see the “path” of hotkey user is mapping key to - they're all are just outside of hotkey manager window(middle section). It may look like something insignificant, but taking into account I'm copy/pasting refs ~100 times a day, that's a major issue(at least for me).

PS: Any chance we could get the old hotkey manager from v15/15.5? It was nice, simple and clean. Maybe as an option?

Attachments:
h_keys.png (12.6 KB)

408 posts
I can't help you with the hotkey matter, but have you tried to change the size of your global UI size in the General user interface to the smallest settings? It might allow you to see the path?

A.
Edited by Adriano - March 4, 2018 23:26:31
8554 posts
Kthulhu Fhtagn
in 16.5 it's impossible to bind Ctrl-Shift-V to Paste Relative References.
linked Ctrl+Shift+V to Paste Copied Relative References in 16.5.356 and it works as expected

EDIT: and for simplicity Ctrl+Shift+C to Copy Parameter as they work in tandem
Edited by tamte - March 5, 2018 14:35:18
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
4 posts
Ye[, it's strange. On one machine I wasn't able to do that, while on another one it's just picked up the 16.0 configuration without any problems. The point is that I copied these houdini16.0 prefs from the same source for both machines.

So I guess it works for now, but the problem with “hotkey path” is still here: it's impossible to see what you're assigning even if you will stretch hotkeys window onto 2 monitors.
1 posts
Just use CTRL + V on the Hotkey. That will work.
49 posts
For anyone who's figuring out where it is. Edit -> Hotkeys:

Attachments:
add hotkey to copy and paste parameter.png (740.1 KB)

3D Generalist. Transforming 2D images to 3D animations.
Socials: https://linktr.ee/AnimGraphLab [linktr.ee]
  • Quick Links