Camera Depth of Field not working in 18.0.416 / Motion Blur

4089   5   1
7 posts
Hi there,

Somehow the depth of field is not working anymore in 18.0.416. I also tried the trusted “cut and paste” but this never worked.
Also I can not get the motion blur to work. Is there a doc to explain how to setup a scene with animation data in the usd context?

Thank you very much! Best Regards
7755 posts
I find the dof only works when there's a rendersettings Prim.

Motion blur requires multiple time samples on the stage. Either write out the layer with the frame range before layering in, or use a cache lop to force multiple time samples onto the stage..
7 posts
Thank you very much for your help! I finally got both to work, but only through “offline” rendering via husk. In the viewport delegate rendering there are still not working. I suppose the version 18 is internally regarded as a legacy viewport . So the bugfixes are very sparse.
7755 posts
Roman S
Thank you very much for your help! I finally got both to work, but only through “offline” rendering via husk. In the viewport delegate rendering there are still not working. I suppose the version 18 is internally regarded as a legacy viewport . So the bugfixes are very sparse.

Weird, working fine here in 18.0.460. There's a bit of an update bug. I have to display a rendersettings node first and karma will render with dof in the ipr view.
6 posts
Hi friends,

I am trying to get motion blur from an animated camera, my objects are statics, only the camera is moving. I tried layering differents nodes in different way, but I didn't succeed.
I can't help but thinking that it is simple, do you know how I can achieve it ?

This is my layering inside LOPS:

Thanks a lot !

Cheers
Edited by yanndrevon - June 17, 2020 12:15:14

Attachments:
Screenshot_2.jpg (30.4 KB)

Cheers,

Yann

7755 posts
Animation from the active session needs a cache lop for motion blur to work. Alternatively, use a usd rop to save the animated layers to disk first.
  • Quick Links