H9 similar to NEX/Maya plugin.

4657   4   2
129 posts
This is not a shameless plug for NEX, It is simply put the way I would want H9 to allow the user to interact with Houdini in the modeling process.
I´ve said it before in other threads but the videos cant say it better really. So if any of you Houdini developers happen to view the videos please do consider similar improvements for H9.

NEX [draster.com]
2199 posts
Like it!

Those selection methods are awesome!!
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
129 posts
Very true! I couldn’t resist so I went ahead and bought myself a license since I am an Maya user. Maya is not complete in its toolset which goes for most packages but it is faster for me to work in and if something like NEX would be developed for Houdini it sure would give it more usability.

As I have come to understand about this type of workflow enhancements it seems to mostly apply for creature/organic modelers and not so much for people in other departments. But my guess though is that animators and others would also find some of the concepts behind its functionality useful. The key is customisation.
2199 posts
Such a simple but powerful paradigm - preselection highlighting could be used anywhere the user needs to interact with the model.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
639 posts
Yeah, it's nice. Would also be nice too, I think, that SESI can provide us a rich set of function for viewport widgets (HUDs etc) in HOM or something. That'd be cool. Finger crossed.
  • Quick Links