Rendering objects inside sub object networks?

2557   2   1
3 posts
Hey,

I'm trying to render some objects that I put inside an object network in a geometry context. I cannot get mantra to render the object.

I guess it make some sense that the object isn't rendered as part of the * pattern specifified in the object lists but even explicitly specifying the object in the forced object list won't work?

I've attached a hip file illustrating the problem. The scene contains a box, that contains an object network with a sphere object. I can object merge the sphere into an object at the top level and render it, but I cannot get mantra to render the object inside the object network of the box.

The thing I'm trying to do is to create a digital asset where I'm baking texture maps using mantra, so i have managed shop, object and rop networks inside my geometry object for generating additional versions of the geometry and texture maps.

Regard

Futo

Attachments:
render_managed_object.hipnc (159.8 KB)

1907 posts
Because of the way object networks and Mantra work, in order to render the sphere you need to be rendering from a camera in that network. You cannot render/view objects from multiple object networks (worlds) at once.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
30 posts
That's a pity! Would bring quite some flexibility for render-HDAs.

In my current case, I want to render an overlay, as COPs seem to malfunction for that case, and the geo is contained in my HDA. I now needed to write a script to create a geo node to import the geo from there, which is really unclean, but it's a way.
- Martin Egger
Student at Filmakademie BW
& Freelance FX TD
  • Quick Links