Hiding Static Object

3848   3   0
3 posts
Hello guys!

I am trying to create a particles sim with POP net and I've got a static object for particles to collide with. The thing is, I just wanna use this object as a collider, but I don't need to see it in the final render.

Even though I checked some documentation and tried doing it on my own, I failed to hide the static object geometry without disabling its functionality as well. I've attached screenshots of my current scene.

Any advice, videos or guides on how to do it would be really appreciated

Attachments:
1.png (563.4 KB)
2.png (732.3 KB)

555 posts
don't know your render setup but maybe in Render>Objects>Candidate objects it has * by default…to render everything…so try adding ^XXX where XXX is the name of your collider or whatever object you don't want to render.
7737 posts
The first screenshot appears to be displaying the dopnetwork directly. By default, the dopnetwork fetches all objects in the simulation. The fetch a specific object, replace the wildcard with the name of the object, e.g. ‘popobject’ instead of ‘*’. Alternatively, use a dopimport SOP to fetch just the part of the simulation you need.
3 posts
jsmack
The first screenshot appears to be displaying the dopnetwork directly. By default, the dopnetwork fetches all objects in the simulation. The fetch a specific object, replace the wildcard with the name of the object, e.g. ‘popobject’ instead of ‘*’. Alternatively, use a dopimport SOP to fetch just the part of the simulation you need.

Thanks so much! It worked perfectly and I got exactly what I needed
  • Quick Links