Ghosting Solaris scene from inside SOP Modify / Instancer

3462   8   2
61 posts
At 10:35 in the Houdini 18 launch video it seems like Scott switches on ‘Show All Objects’ and sees outside the instancer to the Solaris scene in the viewport. I've been unable to reproduce this from an Instancer / SOP Modify / any other SOP-node, but would LOVE to be able to. Seeing the Solaris scene when you're modifying geometry in SOPs is pretty crucial.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious? Link to the presentation: https://youtu.be/Aql6SIOIyXs?t=634 [youtu.be]
Grant Miller
VFX Supervisor
Ingenuity Studios
21 posts
I'm running into this same issue. Whenever I use the “instance to points” node with the internal sop method, I am unable to see my results after I scatter points without going back up a level regardless of whether or not my viewport is set to ghost geometry and or show all objects. Has anyone else encountered this?
Staff
4438 posts
Have you set the “other objects” toggle (pointed out in the image) to either “show other objects” or “ghost other objects”?

Attachments:
otherobjs.png (396.8 KB)

21 posts
mtucker
Have you set the “other objects” toggle (pointed out in the image) to either “show other objects” or “ghost other objects”?

Yes, this unfortunately has no effect.
21 posts
Here are two screenshots…..one at the lop level and one inside the instance to points node with default settings and “show all objects” enabled (I tried toggling ghost other objects and this also does not work)
Edited by Galleryworm - Nov. 12, 2020 16:54:41

Attachments:
1.jpg (788.4 KB)
(2).jpg (846.4 KB)

Staff
4438 posts
I think there was a bug specifically with the Instancer LOP that was fixed in 18.5.362. I don't believe this fix was able to be backported to 18.0.
23 posts
For some reason if you're in the default /stage it doesn't work. But if you create a lopnet on the /obj level it'll work.
21 posts
mtucker
I think there was a bug specifically with the Instancer LOP that was fixed in 18.5.362. I don't believe this fix was able to be backported to 18.0.

Cool. Ill give that a try, thanks!
620 posts
I also want to known how to ghost other context for reference. Ex. see a lop as ghost in obj network for reference.
  • Quick Links