shifting multiple chops without using full length chn memory

2574   1   1
537 posts
ok, so what I'm trying to do is to save a bit of memory when working with CHOPS audio.

I've come up with my own method of copying and processing different synth notes, basically splitting the entire length of the song into different channels, processing them individually, and then shifting them back to their origional time and adding (math) them together.

While I've got it working a lot better than the copy chop does I'm still running into a memory issue when too many channels are being added together. The reason for this is because they must all take up their full duration (at 44100 hz) before they are added together.

What I want to do is to use some sort of expression or vop to add them together while they are being shifted back to their origional location. This could be done easily except for the issue of polyphony. When notes overlap I would not be able to easily reference more than one channel variable having an undertermined number of channels to process.

So, does anyone have any ideas? I'll post example file in a bit.
537 posts
ah, got it .. (for those interested)

basically whenever you need to shift many little channels into one big channel without using (channels*full length memory)….

first an expression chop can be used to iterate through channels and copy as long as it's supplied with separate channels which contain the offset / incoming frame rate.

If layering is needed for channels that happen before later channels than the new channel can be used and + is used instead of = for copying, feeding in the previous layer which can be unloaded.
  • Quick Links