Hair simulation issue, lf workflow tips

887   0   0
4 posts
Hello,

Let's say your pipeline consists of an alembic animated mesh and a static one to grow your guides onto, the deform links with the animated one and the hairgen follows that, correct ? Well it seems pretty straightforward until I used "guidegroom" type nodes within the hairgen (like cut or adjust length), and all of a sudden my groom doesn't follow the deform anymore and just stays put.

Scratching my head as to why, and while doing so I've been told I should export my groom (I assume the hairgen primitives/curves/please refer to the correct houdini name for them Idk) as alembic or .bgeo and deform/sim with those ?

So, my questions are : - Why are "guidegroom" types nodes breaking the deform/sim ?
- Could you explain/point me to some ressource the details of the workflow to export/import groom as
curves/alembic/.bgeo and use them for simulation ? (with an animated mesh to stick to)

I'm completely out of clue on how to fix this at this stage, ressources dealing with simulation purposes are pretty rare to non-existent online so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks !
  • Quick Links