Cant change specific shortcuts

1553   3   2
14 posts
Hello,

I am a bit confused as I cant seem to map F3/F4 keys to specific commands. At first I thought these are not used in general and then i realised that are already mapped to selection pickings.

I also type some commands and i dont find em. I am sure I am doing something wrong here. Eg. "smooth shaded"

Any ideas? Are there any limitations in key binding that i should be aware?

Thanks
www.motion-punk.com
58 posts
shift + ctrl + alt + middle/left click on a command or tool or shelf tool or an menu item you want to assign it and if the hotkey manager pops up then it is possible to assign a hot key,
if hotkey manager not pop up, then 'cannot assign hotkey' will be shown up in the status bar
eventually u can find out which can get hotkey or not from here.
when u are assigning a hotkey for a command if that shortcut combination is already exists in default shortcuts it rings up an warning badge in triangle, hit that warning with left click and it shows up the existing commands of the shortcuts
Edited by Sweetener - May 25, 2021 11:56:37
Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
14 posts
Thanks a lot. Could u please try and see if u can assign F3 or F4 anywhere? doesnt seem to let me here!
www.motion-punk.com
58 posts
motionpunk
Could u please try and see if u can assign F3 or F4 anywhere? doesnt seem to let me here!

Attachments:
hotkey manager.png (86.8 KB)

Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
  • Quick Links