How do I use TOPs .CSV Input to drive Wedges?

1295   1   1
2 posts
I've used a series of wedge nodes to produce a batch of wedged files (300k renders), comprised of 5 wedge attributes. The client wants me to render specific target combinations of wedges (so each render would be comprised of its own unique combination of wedge indexes: 0, 7, 7, 12, 3, etc.) for a total of ~4,000 renders.

The target combinations are on a spreadsheet, which I've successfully brought in and assigned to attributes using the CSV Input node. But how do I plug all this into the node graph?

I've plugged in my CSV Input node downstream from my Wedge nodes, but when I cook I get the error saying that one of the attributes already exists, which is odd because I thought I want each attribute to match, no?

I'm scoured the Houdini Wiki and google and I can't really find any documentation on how I'm supposed to actually use the work items generated from CSV Input.
122 posts
I recently used a very small tops network to run through dozens of "handcrafted" sims that also had varying frame ranges which I imported through a CSV.

I essentially just read them in and used an Attribute copy to copy the values of the CSV onto the existing wedges. Combining, merging or doing something else will create a work item per CSV input.

I'm not a PDG expert and only use it very rarely but maybe this helps, or maybe you've already figured this out by now.

Edited by No_ha - July 12, 2021 09:41:14

Attachments:
2021-07-12 15_36_01-E__Videos_012_Transitions_3D_Vellum_cloth_transitions_V1.hiplc - Houdini Indie L.jpg (21.8 KB)
2021-07-12 15_36_10-E__Videos_012_Transitions_3D_Vellum_cloth_transitions_V1.hiplc - Houdini Indie L.jpg (56.4 KB)
2021-07-12 15_36_18-E__Videos_012_Transitions_3D_Vellum_cloth_transitions_V1.hiplc - Houdini Indie L.jpg (34.4 KB)

• Quick Links