3rd Party Trees for Houdini

1669   3   2
3 posts
Hello,

I am currently working on my bachelor thesis, in which I try to generate a procedural alpine landscape within Houdini.
For this, however, I would still need European spruces (Picea abies), which I would like to acquire from an external source. However, the selection of trees on the internet is extremely large and confusing, which makes me unsure what would make the most sense in terms of quality and price.
Does anyone know of a source or website that sells high quality trees suitable for Environment creation in Houdini up to about 200€?

Thanks in advance
159 posts
I would recommend the grove 3d [www.thegrove3d.com] for blender.
The trees are very good quality and you can create as many variations as you need.
You'd have to create your own system for importing them into houdini (alembic all the way, extract the packed transforms from the twigs)
ODtools also has a importer if you happen to have that
Edited by AslakKS - July 13, 2021 05:18:49
3 posts
AslakKS
I would recommend the grove 3d [www.thegrove3d.com] for blender.
The trees are very good quality and you can create as many variations as you need.
You'd have to create your own system for importing them into houdini (alembic all the way, extract the packed transforms from the twigs)
ODtools also has a importer if you happen to have that

Thanks first of all for the answer. However, I am looking for ready-made spruces that I can insert into my scene. I saw that the program also offers presets, but unfortunately not for the tree (Picea Abis) that I need or am I mistaken?
20 posts
you can take a look at xfrog
xfrog europe2 [xfrog.com]
  • Quick Links