Working directory when working w. TOP network HDA for Unity

1537   1   0
1 posts
Hi, I started learning Houdini and came accross the Procedural terrain tutorial by Indie_Pixel. Followed all of it, and at the very end, even though everything worked well in Houdini, the HDA file couldn't seem to bake any of the TOP networks, having the error during the cooking of

"HAPI_PDG_EVENT_COOK_WARNING (TOP network/directory/name of the file)as an expected output file, but it wasn't found when the item cooked"

In houdini, all HDA processors are having the $PDG_DIR, and creating file inputs. And from Houdini, I can see that the geo folder gets updated whenever I cook the nodes.

In the tutorial though, the process for making this work in Unity is suposed to be through exposing the Working directory from the localscheduler of the TOP network on the main HDA, and setting that to Unity's Project folder. If I understand correctly what this is doing, it would bake the geo files on my unity project, to then be used by the PDGlink to load the results. But I haven't been able to get anything from this particular workflow into Unity. Any directory that is not the one of my Houdini's project gives the previous error, and using my Houdini's project directory results in a correctly cooked output, but nothing shows in Unity.

I recreated this problem with a much simpler set up that has one HDA that creates a sphere, another one that deforms it, and another one that instatiates points on the deformed sphere. I set the HDA processors, $PDG_DIR for HDA file and output name, cooked everything correctly in Houdini, and still the same problem in Unity.

Reading throught the documentation, I can't seem to find if the directory of the localScheduler is suposed to be Unity project, and if this is suposed to create local folders for the /geo when the cooking is done. If that's the case, then maybe the problem might be somewhere else? Houdini Engine session seems fine, and I can't think of other variables that affect this proccess.

Thanks for the help
Edited by Acre94 - Oct. 27, 2021 05:46:45

Attachments:
image (36).png (327.0 KB)
image (37).png (994.4 KB)

100 posts
Acre94
I recreated this problem with a much simpler set up that has one HDA that creates a sphere, another one that deforms it, and another one that instatiates points on the deformed sphere. I set the HDA processors, $PDG_DIR for HDA file and output name, cooked everything correctly in Houdini, and still the same problem in Unity.

Hi, it is possible that new features could have broken the old workflow. Can you send me your simpler HDA that reproduces the issue with some reproduction steps? I can take a closer look at it then.
  • Quick Links