Mixing and blending FBX animations for parts of the rig

2960   3   1
8 posts
Hi everyone,

I've been doing this successfully in Cinema 4D, though it's been very unpredictable and buggy, which is why I'd rather like to recreate this in Houdini.

Thanks to Atom mixing-animations-from-mixamo [forums.odforce.net], I've been able to wrap my head around Houdini's agent system, to blend between FBX animations, e.g. going from a character walking to it being idle.

However, what I did in Cinema 4D was having a walk cycle that only included the leg animation, then blend it with the individual arm and spine animations and then adding a custom head turn, so I could somehow customise the animations to hit precise ‘beats’ within each shot.

How would I go about making this happen in Houdini? I've had a look at the Agent Clip SOP node and the Agent Transform Group SOP and I feel that the solution lies somewhere within those, but Houdini's online help is as cryptic as ever and elsewhere on the web, people seem to only be interested in crowd simulations.

Has anybody here got an idea how to achieve this? That'd be much appreciated
Edited by Ferdinand13 - April 15, 2019 03:50:41
2 posts
This is exactly what I'm looking to do with version 18.5. Been looking at a bunch of KineFX stuff but havent found the exact method. Let me know if you had some success.

Cheers,
385 posts
i am looking for the same thing. Haven't figured it out yet.
8539 posts
try Skeleton Blend SOP (keep World Space unchecked for blending in local animations)
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links