Instancing Vellum onto POP stream

1181   3   1
8 posts
My apologies as I posted this on the odforce forum too, but after 2 days I have not had the post approved. So if it appears here and there simultaneously, we may all combust!

My first post in the forum!

I have a particle stream and I'd like to use the particles to instance vellum objects. I have this working, almost.. The problem is that the Vellum Source creates a continuous stream for each particle, in other words, Particle Id0 has one object on frame one, two on frame two, etc.

The setup works if I give each particle one frame lifespan, but in my scene I want the vellum to stay attached to the particle as it moves. Should I create 2 pop sources and with the first, have 1 frame life span and create the vellum objects, then use the other pop source as a constraint or attach to geo to keep the vellum constrained to the particles as they move?

I only want one vellum object instanced on each particle, can anyone please offer any tips on how to achieve this?

Thank you!

Image Not Found

Attachments:
hindie_hr3l2RfGAT.thumb.jpg.e0f17dd17d71f7c41c5c716d80a12f5f.jpg (38.3 KB)
VellumOnPOP_01.hiplc (480.1 KB)

8 posts
Can anyone help with this please?
238 posts
have a look at the hip.
it has a very simple 'target constraint' in the dopnet

I've utilized the popnets internal "just born" group to blast every point that is not freshly emitted. Before that I provided an InstanceID Attribute that will be transferred to the vellum objects, check in the vellumsource the Copy Instance Attr.
Edited by sekow - Nov. 12, 2021 03:13:12

Attachments:
VellumOnPOP_02.hiplc (540.2 KB)

http://www.sekowfx.com [www.sekowfx.com]
8 posts
Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help. I wasn't aware of the copy instance attribute, thanks.