Object HDA with Multiple Outputs

2058   2   1
10 posts
Hey all, this may be a silly question but is there a way at all to have an object level HDA have multiple outputs? I want to create an HDA that has multiple parent transform outputs to control different objects in my scene. Is there a reason why objects are limited to a singular output?

Any help or suggestions welcome, thanks.

Attachments:
objOTL.png (13.7 KB)

10 posts
Bump.

I've managed to force the number of outputs on an object HDA with python (which I dont think is supposed to work) but it doesn't work when wiring outputs and just forces any output wire to the first output (output0). Plus there is no way that I can see to force which child node is output in the hda definition, its all controlled by the "Output Transform" parameter which obviously only works for the expected singular output.

This is something I really think is needed! Having complex HDAs that control numerous object level transforms is a feature I think would be very useful.
Edited by AdamChabane - April 29, 2021 17:28:43

Attachments:
hda2OUTS.png (27.4 KB)

7 posts
I was looking into this. Would be very helpful for visual organization of dependency, a way to see all of your object merges at the object level.
Edited by Sam Mason - Feb. 4, 2022 14:53:07
  • Quick Links