HELP! RBD from copy to points incorrect collision geo

1340   2   1
8 posts
Hello

I have 28 rocks and if I run these through a switch so that it cycles through each one, then use RBD bullet solver with emit. This works great, the rocks slowly pile up one by one. Problem is that it takes around 500 frames before I have the look I want.

What I need to do is copy a lot of these onto points and then simulate them falling into a pile. So I made a volume and scattered points in there. I copied my rocks to the points. Feed this into the RBD Bullet solver and now the collision geo is totally incorrect.

I attached two screenshots which show the collsion geo visualised. This is the same geo used in both setups, why isn't it working correctly in the copy to points version?

Thank you for any tips on how to 'solve' this, I've been bashing my head against a wall for hours..

Cheers
Tim
Edited by helloluxx - March 31, 2022 07:58:09

Attachments:
correctshape.jpg (380.4 KB)
incorrectshape.jpg (264.7 KB)

8 posts
Ok, I realise it is the size of the rocks. If I scale them up the collision geometry then becomes more accurate and fits.

Is there a way to control the resolution of the RBD Bullet collision geo so that I don't need to scale the scene up?

Thank you!
8 posts
The solution is to lower the Collision Padding in the rbdconfigure. This gives more detail to the collision shapes!