Supercharged H20 extension (TouchDesigner Style)

27581   92   8
4515 posts
Nuke style multi node editing. This will be in the next update.

1 hotkey to append to parameters pane
1 hotkey to clear parameters pane
1 hotkey to minimize/maximize pinned nodes on and off
1 hotkey to hover unpin a pane

The first pane is never pinned unless pinned by the user. It's only appending after the main parameter pane, up to 4 more in my implementation.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
26 posts
Hello there! I am still struggling. How can I access shelf tools hehe?
4515 posts
Igor Backstrom
Hello there! I am still struggling. How can I access shelf tools hehe?

You can use the shelf tools using the TAB menu if you invoke the TAB menu over the viewport. But if you want to see the actual shelf, then you need to get out of the fullscreen mode first: Alt+` (Tilde: key before 1).

You can make the shelf not collapsible if you wanted if you save it like that in your startup desktop.
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

4 posts
Hello, I recently bought the product and while I find its functionality excellent and everything I'd want out of it I seem to be running into a bug in which the viewport will suddenly disappear on me, often causing a break in the flow of my work.
I'm on Windows and have been working on houdini 19 and the issue seems to show up regardless of the python version.
4515 posts
Hi,

Can you make a short video recording of it? When you say viewport you mean the 3d viewport or the overlay network editor?

Because this extension doesn't alter the viewport itself.

4 posts
Attempting to record or screen capture the issue seems to momentarily fix it. Using the window's prtscn has the screen looking correct even when it is not, and attempting to use the snipping tool causes the issue to revert itself. I attached an edited version of my screen capture to reflect how the screen ends up looking. Both the 3d viewport, the overlay and the timeline disappear.

I suspect the issue may be tied to the full screen mode. Working outside of it seems to stop the issue from happening.
Having multiple monitors may also have something to do this, as I have noticed while working on full screen mode that moving the mouse to another monitor often seemed to trigger the issue.

Outside of this minor bug, I have to say it is an excellent tool, not only the overlay but the entire workflow paradigm. I'm pretty happy to have gotten it. Excited to see what future updates await it.
Edited by edachach - April 7, 2022 12:39:47

Attachments:
bug_image.png (83.9 KB)

4 posts
Here's a video of the issue taking place. Since recording the screen didn't seem to work I used a camera instead.

Attachments:
bug.mp4 (3.3 MB)

4515 posts
This looks like the Qt fullscreen issue. Can you try it after getting out of fullscreen mode? Ctrl+`

4 posts
animatrix_
This looks like the Qt fullscreen issue. Can you try it after getting out of fullscreen mode? Ctrl+`
Yes, as mentioned in my message yesterday. It works if I exit out of fullscreen mode.
4515 posts
edachach
animatrix_
Yes, as mentioned in my message yesterday. It works if I exit out of fullscreen mode.

Sorry I didn't see that message. But yes I have experienced this exact issue on my old Gigabyte laptop. From my deep research it seems to be related to Intel drivers and Qt core issue. There isn't enough literature on any workaround though.

So your best bet is to actually not use the fullscreen mode unfortunately. Also I read before that using the magnifier tool on windows on always on top mode might help fix this glitch.

There are some new updates coming I will push soon. I also want to update the videos about it so more people can understand how to use it fully.

30 posts
edachach
Attempting to record or screen capture the issue seems to momentarily fix it. Using the window's prtscn has the screen looking correct even when it is not, and attempting to use the snipping tool causes the issue to revert itself. I attached an edited version of my screen capture to reflect how the screen ends up looking. Both the 3d viewport, the overlay and the timeline disappear.

I suspect the issue may be tied to the full screen mode. Working outside of it seems to stop the issue from happening.
Having multiple monitors may also have something to do this, as I have noticed while working on full screen mode that moving the mouse to another monitor often seemed to trigger the issue.

Outside of this minor bug, I have to say it is an excellent tool, not only the overlay but the entire workflow paradigm. I'm pretty happy to have gotten it. Excited to see what future updates await it.

I got the same issue as well when working with fullscreen. Other than that, it works really nice. Hoping to see it works in COPs as well
4515 posts
omerlefaruk
edachach

I got the same issue as well when working with fullscreen. Other than that, it works really nice. Hoping to see it works in COPs as well

It should work with COPs as is. Do you mean something else?

30 posts
animatrix_
omerlefaruk
edachach

It should work with COPs as is. Do you mean something else?

I misphrased it sorry, i meant creating nodes with hotkeys in COPs doesn't work for me. Am i doing something wrong?

Attachments:
Adsız.png (25.4 KB)

4515 posts
Thanks looks correct. I just tried it here, it works. It's possible I fixed this later on so I pushed a new update on Gumroad just now.

30 posts
animatrix_
Thanks looks correct. I just tried it here, it works. It's possible I fixed this later on so I pushed a new update on Gumroad just now.

I had this plugin via your patreon. Is there any way to get this update or do i need to purchase again through gumroad?
4515 posts
omerlefaruk
animatrix_

I had this plugin via your patreon. Is there any way to get this update or do i need to purchase again through gumroad?

I can update it on patreon as well. Let me post an update today.

30 posts
animatrix_
omerlefaruk
animatrix_

Thanks! It would be really good to have buil-in hotkey editor as a new feature
4515 posts
omerlefaruk
animatrix_
omerlefaruk
animatrix_

Thanks! It would be really good to have buil-in hotkey editor as a new feature

Np just updated patreon as well. Yes that would be nice to have but unfortunately it would take quite a lot of work to pull it off, especially since it's open ended in that it supports custom code to execute as well. If the standard hotkey editor was re-useable it would help quite a lot.

30 posts
Is there any function that let me get the output of the node near my mouse position? It's basically like a renderflag function but i want to get the node output into my mouse position so i can connect to some other node
4515 posts
There is a findNearestNode function in utility_generic.py that will return the nearest node, from there you can check the outputs or output connections to rewire.

objectMergeOutputConnections function in utility_generic.py is doing such rewiring.

• Quick Links