How to Add Move and Rotate Tools

2004   3   0
19 posts
Hello, I use a subnet to create my own digital assets, and there is a transform node inside subnets. When I press enter on scene view for transfrom node, it will show tool like this graph, and if I move, rotate or scale using this, the corresponding property for transfrom node will change properly. How could I add this kind of tool on my subnet therefore I could transfer my node on scene view? Thanks!
Edited by eveying - June 15, 2022 21:57:24

Attachments:
MoveTool.png (159.0 KB)

19 posts
On Labs Match Size Node, I just seen move tool available. Therefore I think it is possible to add move tool for my nodes? So anybody know how to do this? Thanks very much!

Attachments:
MoveTool.gif (385.0 KB)

676 posts
Hey eveying,

To do it with the transform gizmo is quite simple. while you are in your hda activate the gizmo/handle. Then in the viewport hover over the gizmo and right click. from there select export handle to digital asset.

Cheers
CYTE
Edited by CYTE - June 17, 2022 02:38:09
8513 posts
- make sure you create HDA from your subnet first and open its Type Properties ... dialog
- dive inside, select your node whose handle you want to promote and press Enter in viewport to display the handle
- RMB on the handle and choose Export Handle To Digital Asset
this will add bound parameters to your HDA (in Parameters section of Type Properties)
as well as it will set up handle (Interactive/Handle Binding section of Type Properties)
you can further customize this by deleting parameters you don't want to be promoted
or you can even create your own parameters or handle and bind them from scratch in those 2 sections, no need to start from existing handle, it's just faster
- apply your changes when you are done, now your HDA should have the handle and parameters
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links