VAT Error Rendering Child

3992   3   1
4 posts
Hello, I am currently running Houdini indie 19 and I am encountering an error when I try to render some fluid. I cached out the fluid and tried a few different things from the forum posts I've seen on this issue but no luck so far.

The .fbx gets generated but the Lookup texture doesn't get generated and then this error is thrown: Error Rendering Child: /out/vertex_animation_textures1/render_lookip/render_lookup
Any help would be appreciated!

I'll attach a project file that has this issue occurring on my machine
Edited by nekema - Aug. 18, 2022 17:07:04

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (691.7 KB)
VAT_Error.hiplc (1.2 MB)

4 posts
Okay, after troubleshooting more, I solved my issue. So if anyone else has this problem here's what I did to fix it: I changed my Particle Fluid Surface to vdb and then converted that vdb to polygons and cached that result and it seemed to generate an .fbx and lookup texture no problem.
7 posts
内克马
Okay, after troubleshooting more, I solved my issue. So if anyone else has this problem here's what I did to fix it: I changed my Particle Fluid Surface to vdb and then converted that vdb to polygons and cached that result and it seemed to generate an .fbx and lookup texture no problem.

How to connect the nodes, please give a screenshot
1 posts
simply link a convert VDB node below particle surface node, and then link a convert sop node below the convert VDB node.
It seems working for me. it's getting texture nicely.
  • Quick Links