Default box not visible

3271   1   1
3 posts
Hi,

Just installed the apprentice edition and I don't see the default box. In the Network panel, it shows a model node and the transform handles appear to be moving something but I can't see it.

Also if I just clear everything out and start fresh with the boxt operator I can't seem to manipulate any components such as points, edges etc.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong can someone help point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Thanks.
344 posts
You must be looking at an old tutorial or something. In the newer releases, that default geometry object is empty. You are moving and empty object around. What you need to do is select that model or geometry node in the network view and hit the ‘i’ key to dive down into it. You should see the interface turn a green color. This means you are in SOPs (it stands for Surface Operators) and this is where you do all your modeling.

Once in SOPs, hit tab to bring up the tab menu and start typing the word “box” you should see the box operator pop out of the side of the menu. Click it to select it and place it in your scene.

It's a bit confusing at first because Houdini works a bit differently than other 3D applications, but hang in there.
  • Quick Links