Depth Map from VDB ?

680   2   2
767 posts
How can I create a depth map from a VDB using VDB direction; unless it's using a sample ?

Also is it possible to UV a volume rather then UV the mesh before making into a VDB volume ?
【T】【C】【S】
53 posts
I don't know if I understand the first question correctly, but I think you would be able to generate both directly on the VDB. For a depth map you can use a volume wrangle in which you simply calculate the distance between your 'camera-point' and the voxel by using the distance() function. To generate UV's you can maybe use the getbbox_min() and getbbox_max() functions and fit the current v@P to a 0-1 value like; fit(@P.x,bboxmin.x,bboxmax.x,0,1); This way you basically get 0-1 UV's in any direction (would result in 3 dimensional UVs). Ofcourse this perfectly normalized mapping might not be what you are looking for but I cannot tell by the question Remember that you will need two seperate VDBs for this as a VDB only holds a single attribute.
Technical VFX artist @ Housemarque / Sony Interactive Entertainment
767 posts
I must get the distance from the camera point, but what is the camera point simply @P against the distance of the origin when using a volume vop ?

If I connect @P and @P again from a volume vop into a distance in both cases I'm not getting any values ?
【T】【C】【S】
  • Quick Links